1) What are the purposes of offenders’ cognitions? Just to make themselves feel better or to balance their interactions with others and their environments?
2) How can offenders’ childhood traumas influence their distorted cognitions of social reality?
3) What is the psychological source of mental conflicts?
4) How does prejudice influence criminal behavior?
6)Are you prejudiced toward sex offenders?
Chapter 7 Questions:
1) What are the main activities and issues in the assessment phase?
2) What are the issues in the termination stage of correctional counseling?
3) What are the two types of questions to be avoided at the assessment stage?
4) Discuss the importance of helping clients discern and express their feelings.
5) Define and distinguish between beneficence and nonmaleficence.
6) What is the benefit of motivational interviewing?