October 10th, 2022
- Jane Addams, The Founding of Hull House, Woloch. Jane Addams. The founding of Hull House.pdf Download Jane Addams. The founding of Hull House.pdf
- Jane Addams, and the Role of Urban Women Download Jane Addams, and the Role of Urban Women
- “Outing Jane Addams”
- http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2007-02-06/features/0702060273_1_hull-house-mary-rozet-smith-lesbian (Links to an external site.)
- What is the “family claim,” in this reading?
- What were some functions of the settlement?
- What does the settlement offer to the settlement workers such as Addams?
- In “The Political Role of Urban Women,” Addams uses the “difference idea,” of women in order to support women’s rights. The “difference argument” states women should have rights because they offer a unique perspective as women, which differs from that of men. This is in contrast to the “equality argument,” which focuses more on male and female equality rather than differences. What is your opinion of the difference perspective?
- What is Addams’ main idea in this excerpt on the political role of urban women?
- What is your opinion of the modern-day commentary on Jane Addams’s and Mary Rozet’s “Boston Marriage?”