Global Business Issues
Consider the following scenario as you complete and respond to the questions below: You work for a global manager. This position involves managing a key business department located in two different countries with two different cultures. You have been asked to create a report. This report is to provide information to your manager about how to operate in these two different countries.
In your report, you will choose a department in a business that operates in two different countries. The introduction paragraph presents the business department and the two countries you are using for your report.
Using the four functions of management (1. Planning, 2. Organizing, 3. Leading, 4. Controlling) describe how the business department operates in each of the countries.
- What are the differences?
- What are the similarities?
- How does this help or hinder the department?
- Explain the communication practices associated with the cultures within the two countries you chose.
- Describe potential communication challenges and proactive solutions in the “Leading” section of the function of management.