HHS 207 Communcation Skills for Health and Human Services-WK 3
Please make sure its in Outline format
Summative Assessment Outline
In this third week assignment, you will prepare a brief outline in which you will draft the main content areas to be examined in greater detail in the Final Project. To begin, select one of the following groups in need from which you will base your outline:
- Children and families
- The elderly
- The homeless
- Mental illness
- Physical disability
Prepare an outline that identifies (lists) and describes each of the content areas below (three to five sentences for each area) that you might use with clients from this group if you were a human services professional. Some of these areas will be addressed in later weeks, which will require you to refer to specific chapters of The Interpersonal Communication Book.
- Describe one communication theory that can be applied in a health and human services setting.
- Describe an effective verbal communication technique in a health and human services setting (Chapter 4) and how you would use it.
- Describe an effective nonverbal communication technique in a health and human services setting (Chapter 5) and how you would use it.
- Describe one empathy skill in interpersonal and group settings (e.g., one-on-one client interaction, facilitating a group session, etc.) (Chapter 6) and how you would use it in both situations.
- Describe the impact of family, culture, and gender related to your communication with clients (varies by Chapter).
The Summative Assessment Outline:
- Must be three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.