PSY 200 5-2 Prevention Program: Final Presentation
Create a small prevention program that could be implemented at a health fair, at a workplace, or in a school. The goal of this assignment is to articulate the social, biological, and psychological consequences of addictive behaviors to an at-risk population and contextualize issues of addiction in historical and social frameworks.
For this presentation, you will present your complete prevention program.
The presentation should include 7–10 slides (not counting title slide and references slide) with speaker notes to address the following topics:
- Population that is at risk
- Addiction and the effects that this addiction has on the individual, family, workplace, and community
- A look at the history and social frameworks of this addiction and the at-risk population
- Where is the best place to implement this program?
- How will you measure success for this prevention program?
- Could you apply this prevention program within your real life and community? If so, will you, and if not, why not?
An effective presentation will include:
- Dynamic formatting of the slides
- Appropriate images, charts, graphs, and so on
- Clean bullets points that do not give too much information per slide
- Use of the speaker notes section to clearly define the bullets of the slide and provide reference to cited material
View this example prevention program.
For additional details, please refer to the Prevention Program Final Project Guidelines and Rubric document in the Assignment Guidelines and Rubrics section of the course.
for grading and comments. Thanks, -Overall, you slides were very basic. Add more dynamically to the presentation by adding pictures to support each area. Be sure to cover all the important aspects of development and address them through the literature available on the subjects. Please see specific comments above.