Wendy s american fast food restaurant
LAST NAME 1
Wendy’s American fast food Restaurant
Background Analysis and Interpretation
1. Wendy’s is a fast-food restaurant chain based in Dublin, Ohio. Since its inception in
1969, the firm has owned a chain of restaurants located throughout the world (Thies
2. The company has seen tremendous success under the direction of its owner, David
Thomas, as evidenced by the late 1990s expansion to 5,200 locations (Thies 84).
3. Since it was founded “To be the quality leader in whatever we do,” the mission
statement of the company states (Kissinger, no. 3).
Application of Decision Support Tools
Recommendations & Problem Solving
1. Wendy’s could harness its brand recognition to grow its global footprint in large
regions such as India and China, diversify its business by adding additional fast food
options, and mitigate competitive pressures by contracting with lower-cost suppliers
to lower product prices.
2. To begin, Wendy’s is one of the largest fast-food franchises in the world. In this case,
the business can use its established brand and reputation to acquire new clients in
3. With a population of over 1.3 billion, India presents an excellent opportunity for
Wendy’s to expand significantly (Statista 1).
LAST NAME 2